Terms of Service
Last Altered 8th June 2011
Your Agreement with AttachmentScanner (Dynamic Edge Software Ltd.)
- Your use of the AttachmentScanner service is governed by this agreement (the "Terms"). "AttachmentScanner" means Dynamic Edge Software Ltd., Registered company number 7444971 in England and Wales, and its subsidiaries or affiliates involved in providing the AttachmentScanner Service. The term AttachmentScanner may also refer to the product named AttachmentScanner or any services related to it offered by Dynamic Edge Software Ltd. ( and/or AttachmentScanner Services). The term “AttachmentScanner Services” means the services Dynamic Edge Software Ltd. makes available through this website, including this website, the AttachmentScanner service, any API or Web servers, and any other software or services offered by AttachmentScanner or Dynamic Edge Software Ltd. in connection to any of those.
- In order to use the AttachmentScanner Services, you must first agree to the Terms. You can agree to the Terms by actually using the AttachmentScanner Services. You understand and agree that AttachmentScanner will treat your use of the AttachmentScanner Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
- You may not use the AttachmentScanner Services if you are a person barred from receiving the AttachmentScanner Services under the laws of the United Kingdom, United States or other countries, including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the AttachmentScanner Services. You affirm that you are over the age of 16, as the AttachmentScanner Services are not intended for children under 16.
- You agree your purchases of AttachmentScanner Services are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by AttachmentScanner or any of its affiliates regarding future functionality or features.
Your Account and Use of the AttachmentScanner Services
- You must provide accurate and complete registration information any time you register to use the AttachmentScanner Services. You are responsible for the security of your passwords and for any use of your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify AttachmentScanner immediately.
- Your use of the AttachmentScanner Services must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances, including any laws regarding the export of data or software.
- You agree not to (a) access (or attempt to access) the administrative interface of the AttachmentScanner Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by AttachmentScanner in connection with the AttachmentScanner Services, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with AttachmentScanner, or (b) engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the AttachmentScanner Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Service).
- Your account has “hard” and “soft” usage limits, as further explained within this document (or elsewhere on any URL AttachmentScanner may provide). The AttachmentScanner Service does not permit you to exceed the hard usage limits. AttachmentScanner reserves the right to enforce soft usage limits in its sole discretion, which may result in AttachmentScanner serving rejecting any request, serving “quota exceeded” message to you or users to whom you serve web pages via the AttachmentScanner Services (“End Users”). Repeated exceeding of the hard or soft usage limits may lead to termination of your account.
- You may use the AttachmentScanner Services only to develop and run applications with the aid of the AttachmentScanner infrastructure. You may not access the AttachmentScanner Services for the purpose of bringing an intellectual property infringement claim against AttachmentScanner or for the purpose of creating a product or service competitive with the AttachmentScanner Services.
Service Policies and Privacy
- You agree to comply with the AttachmentScanner Acceptable Use Policy available at acceptable use policy (the "Acceptable Use Policy") which is incorporated herein by this reference and which may be updated from time to time.
- The AttachmentScanner Services shall be subject to the refund policy for the AttachmentScanner Services available at refund policy (the "Refund Policy"). You agree to the use of your data in accordance with AttachmentScanner's refund policies.
- You agree that you will protect the privacy and legal rights of the End Users of your application. You must provide legally adequate privacy notice and protection for End Users. If End Users provide you with user names, passwords, or other login information or personal information, you must make the users aware that the information will be available to your application and to AttachmentScanner.
Fees for Use of the AttachmentScanner Services
- Subject to the Terms, the AttachmentScanner Services is provided to you without charge up to certain limits. Usage over this limit requires your purchase of additional resources or services. The pricing for additional resources and services can be found at http://AttachmentScanner.com/plans (or elsewhere on any URL AttachmentScanner may provide).
- For all purchased resources and services, we will charge your credit card on a monthly basis or at the interval indicated in AttachmentScanner fees and payment policies, if different. Late payments may bear interest at the rate of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less). Charges are exclusive of taxes. You are responsible for paying all taxes and government charges, and all reasonable expenses and legal fees AttachmentScanner incurs collecting late amounts. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims relating to charges unless claimed within 60 days after the charge (this does not affect your credit card issuer rights). Charges are solely based on AttachmentScanner's measurements of your use of the AttachmentScanner Services, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. To the fullest extent permitted by law, refunds (if any) are at the discretion of AttachmentScanner and only in the form of credit for the AttachmentScanner Services. Nothing in these Terms obligates AttachmentScanner to extend credit to any party. You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that you provide to AttachmentScanner may be shared by AttachmentScanner with companies who work on AttachmentScanner's behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to AttachmentScanner and servicing your account. AttachmentScanner may also provide information in response to valid legal process, such as but not exclusive to search warrants and court orders, or to establish or exercise its legal rights or defend against legal claims. AttachmentScanner shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such information by such third parties. AttachmentScanner reserves the right to discontinue the provision of the AttachmentScanner Services to you for any late payments.
- AttachmentScanner may change its fees and payment policies for the AttachmentScanner Services by notifying you at least fifteen (15) days before the beginning of the billing cycle in which such change will take effect. Changes to the fees or payment policies will be posted on the website (or elsewhere on any URL AttachmentScanner may provide from time to time). Any outstanding balance becomes immediately due and payable upon termination of the Terms for any reason.
- You may not develop multiple Applications to simulate or act as a single Application or otherwise access the AttachmentScanner Services in a manner intended to avoid incurring fees.
Content on the AttachmentScanner Services and Take Down Obligations
- You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) to which you may have access as part of, or through your use of, the AttachmentScanner Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as the "Content."
- AttachmentScanner reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to remove any or all Content from the AttachmentScanner Services. You agree to immediately take down any Content that violates the Acceptable Use Policy, including pursuant to a take down request from AttachmentScanner. In the event that you elect not to comply with a request from AttachmentScanner to take down certain Content, AttachmentScanner reserves the right to directly take down such Content or to disable Applications.
- In the event that you become aware of any violation of the Acceptable Use Policy by an End User of Applications, you shall immediately terminate such end user's account on your Application. AttachmentScanner reserves the right to disable Applications in response to a violation or suspected violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that AttachmentScanner has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) the Application or any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the AttachmentScanner Services and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which AttachmentScanner may suffer) by doing so.
- You agree that AttachmentScanner has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content and other communications maintained or transmitted through use of the Service. You further acknowledge that you are solely responsible for securing and backing up your Applications and any Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that AttachmentScanner (or AttachmentScanner's licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the AttachmentScanner Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the AttachmentScanner Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist).
- Except as provided in Section 8, AttachmentScanner acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content or Applications that you create, submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the AttachmentScanner Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content and the Application (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with AttachmentScanner, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that AttachmentScanner has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
License from AttachmentScanner and Restrictions
- AttachmentScanner gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by AttachmentScanner as part of the AttachmentScanner Services as provided to you by AttachmentScanner. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the AttachmentScanner Services as provided by AttachmentScanner, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
- You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to): (a) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the AttachmentScanner Services or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by AttachmentScanner, in writing (e.g., through an open source software license); or (b) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the AttachmentScanner Services or any applications running on the AttachmentScanner Services.
- Open source software licenses for components of the AttachmentScanner Services released under an open source license constitute separate written agreements. To the limited extent that the open source software licenses expressly supersede these Terms, the open source licenses govern your agreement with AttachmentScanner for the use of the components of the AttachmentScanner Services released under an open source license.
- AttachmentScanner hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable license, with no right to sub-license, to display the AttachmentScanner trademarks and/or logos as provided here (“Marks”) for the sole purpose of promoting or advertising that you use the AttachmentScanner Services and solely in accordance with AttachmentScanner’s then current Trademark Usage Guidelines, which may be found at http://legal.heroku.com/trademark (or such other URL AttachmentScanner may provide from time to time). You agree that all goodwill generated through your use of the AttachmentScanner Marks shall inure to the benefit of AttachmentScanner.
License from You
- AttachmentScanner claims no ownership or control over any Content or Application. You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in the Content and/or Application, and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying the Content on or through the AttachmentScanner Services you give AttachmentScanner a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content for the sole purpose of enabling AttachmentScanner to provide you with the AttachmentScanner Services. Furthermore, by creating an Application through use of the AttachmentScanner Services, you give AttachmentScanner a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Application for the sole purpose of enabling AttachmentScanner to provide you with the AttachmentScanner Services.
- By adding a collaborator to your Application, you hereby grant to that user a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable license, with no right to sub-license, to use, display, perform, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, list information regarding, edit, translate and analyze such Application(s) and Content as permitted by the relevant AttachmentScanner Services functionality or features for the sole purpose of collaborating on development of the Application(s).
- You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the AttachmentScanner Services, including without limitation about how to improve the AttachmentScanner Services or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place AttachmentScanner under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone.
- You agree that AttachmentScanner, in its sole discretion, may use your trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features in presentations, marketing materials, customer lists, financial reports and Web site listings (including links to your website) for the purpose of advertising or publicizing your use of the AttachmentScanner Services.
- AttachmentScanner may, and you grant us permission to, make recommendations via the AttachmentScanner Services for products or services we think may be of interest to you based on your Application(s), Content, and/or use of the AttachmentScanner Services. We will never make recommendations directly to your End Users.
Modification and Termination of the AttachmentScanner Services
- AttachmentScanner is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the AttachmentScanner Services which AttachmentScanner provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you, subject to the terms in Section 4.3. Changes to the form and nature of the AttachmentScanner Services will be effective with respect to all versions of the AttachmentScanner Services; examples of changes to the form and nature of the AttachmentScanner Services include without limitation changes to fee and payment policies, security patches, added functionality, and other enhancements.
- You may terminate these Terms at any time by canceling your account on the AttachmentScanner Services. You will not receive any refunds if you cancel your account.
- The AttachmentScanner Services shall be subject to the refund policy for the AttachmentScanner Services available at refund policy (the "Refund Policy"). You agree to the use of your data in accordance with AttachmentScanner's refund policies.
- You agree that AttachmentScanner, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate your account or any part thereof. You agree that any termination of your access to the AttachmentScanner Services may be without prior notice, and you agree that AttachmentScanner will not be liable to you or any third party for such termination.
- You are solely responsible for exporting your Content and Application(s) from the AttachmentScanner Services prior to termination of your account for any reason, provided that if we terminate your account, we will provide you a reasonable opportunity to retrieve your Content and Application(s).
- Upon any termination of the AttachmentScanner Services or your account these Terms will also terminate, but Sections 6.1, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 18 shall continue to be effective after these Terms are terminated.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING SECTIONS 12 AND 13, SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT AttachmentScanner'S WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE AttachmentScanner SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE AttachmentScanner SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE."
- AttachmentScanner, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE AttachmentScanner SERVICES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AttachmentScanner, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE AttachmentScanner SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) YOUR USE OF THE AttachmentScanner SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, AND (C) USAGE DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE AttachmentScanner SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- SUBJECT TO SECTION 12.1 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT AttachmentScanner, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS.
- THE LIMITATIONS ON AttachmentScanner'S LIABILITY TO YOU IN PARAGRAPH 13.1 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT AttachmentScanner HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify AttachmentScanner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, licensors, suppliers or partners (collectively "AttachmentScanner and Partners") from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to (a) your breach of the Terms, (b) your use of the AttachmentScanner Services, (c) your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the AttachmentScanner Services, or (d) your Content or your Application, including any legal costs or fees incurred, of every kind and nature. In such a case, AttachmentScanner will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
- AttachmentScanner scans files against a known database of viruses and other malware. AttachmentScanner cannot be held liable and provides no warranty for the result of the scan. Although every effort is made to ensure that an upto date database is used no guarantee exists as to the age of the database used.
- You agree to set up a process to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the United States' Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA notices") or UK Copyright Law. It is AttachmentScanner's policy to respond to DMCA notices or other applicable copyright laws and to terminate the accounts of repeat infringers. We reserve the right to take down content in your Application or, if necessary, the Application itself upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice.
- The AttachmentScanner Services may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources or email content. AttachmentScanner may have no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than AttachmentScanner.
- You acknowledge and agree that AttachmentScanner is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that AttachmentScanner is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you or your End Users as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
Changes to the Terms
- AttachmentScanner may make changes to the Terms from time to time. If we change the Terms in any substantive way, we will give you at least seven (7) days notice before the changes take effect, during which period of time you may reject the changes by terminating your account.
- You understand and agree that if you use the AttachmentScanner Services after the date on which the Terms have changed, AttachmentScanner will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
General Legal Terms
- The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and AttachmentScanner and govern your use of the AttachmentScanner Services (but excluding any services which AttachmentScanner may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and AttachmentScanner in relation to the AttachmentScanner Services.
- There are no third party beneficiaries to these Terms. The parties are independent contractors, and nothing in these Terms creates an agency, partnership or joint venture.
- If AttachmentScanner provides you with a translation of the English language version of these Terms, the English language version of these Terms will control if there is any conflict.
- You agree that AttachmentScanner may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the AttachmentScanner Services. By providing AttachmentScanner your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you any notices required by law in lieu of communication by postal mail.
- You agree that if AttachmentScanner does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which AttachmentScanner has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of AttachmentScanner's rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to AttachmentScanner.
- AttachmentScanner shall not be liable for failing or delaying performance of its obligations resulting from any condition beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, governmental action, acts of terrorism, earthquake, fire, flood or other acts of God, labor conditions, power failures, and Internet disturbances.
- The Terms, and your relationship with AttachmentScanner under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of England within the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and AttachmentScanner agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within England within the United Kingdom to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms.
- Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations under these Terms, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the other party (not to be unreasonably withheld). Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may assign the entirety of its rights and obligations under these Terms, without consent of the other party, to its affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets not involving a direct competitor of the other party. A party’s sole remedy for any purported assignment by the other party in breach of this paragraph shall be, at the non-assigning party’s election, termination of your use of the AttachmentScanner Services upon written notice to the assigning party.
This document is an adaptation of the Heroku Inc Terms of Service, which in turn is an adaptation of the Google App Engine Terms of Service. The original work has been modified. Neither Heroku, Inc. or Google, Inc. are connected with and do not sponsor or endorse AttachmentScanner or its use of the work.